Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) Surgery
Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) surgery is designed for patients with deep myopia. By placing implantable contact lenses without cutting the cornea, we can help you restore clear vision.
The Process of Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) Surgery
The doctor will first drop the eye drops in patient’s eye, and then cut a small incision (about 3 mm) in the patient’s cornea. Through the incision, the doctor will inject some medical gel to protect the eye tissue, and then implant the lens between the iris and crystal. It will be like contact lenses placed directly on the eyes, to achieve the effect of corrective vision.
Advantages of ICL Surgery
The biggest benefit of ICL is that it is “restore technology”. This means that ICL can be removed and replaced at any time and will not cause damage to or change the structure of your eye
With such a tiny, painless wound, you can live with these contact lenses for a lifetime without any discomfort.
In addition, there is no impact on activities such as swimming or diving after implantation, and it is particularly suitable for those who work in disciplined services. ICL surgery at Clarity SMILE LASIK Centre in Hong Kong can correct:
- 1800 degrees of myopia
- 1000 degrees of hyperopia
- 600 degrees of astigmatism
People who are applicable to ICL in HK
- People who are suffering from a high degree of myopia or hyperopia or deep astigmatism
- People who are suffering from dry eyes
- People who have thin corneas
- People who want to reduce the dependence on glasses or contact lenses
- People who are working or want to work in disciplined services
Preparations Before Surgery
- Soft contact lenses wearers need to stop wearing them 1-2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Rigid Gas Permeable lenses (RGP) wearers need to stop wearing them 3-4 weeks prior to the surgery.
- If you have any drug allergies, please inform your medical personnel in advance.
Points for Attention on the Day of Surgery
- It is best to have family or friends for company.
- Do not put on any facial makeup.
- Do not use any types of volatile product or aromatic product like fragrance or cologne.
- Wear open-chested tops like a button-up shirt or blouse. Do not wear a pull-over top.
- Before the surgery, the optometrist and doctor will perform the last diopter examination in order to check and confirm all information and data.
- The surgery will only require local anesthesia. Please try not to move or speak during the process.
- Surgery on each eye only requires 5-10 minutes to be completed.
- Patients and their friends and family will need to stay for around 4-5 hours.
Care After ICL Surgery
|The First 24 Hours||The First Week|
|Get sufficient rest and sleep immediately after the surgery||Avoid wearing eye makeup|
|Wear an eyepatch during sleep||Avoid getting shampoo or soap into your eyes|
|Do not wash your hair in the first 24 hours||Avoid getting fragrance/ hair spray into your eyes|
|Never rub your eyes||Only take drugs prescribed by doctors|
|Do not go swimming or do steam-bathing|
|Avoid doing vigorous exercises like dancing and ball games|
|Avoid getting dusk/ foreign matter into your eyes.|
|Wear sunglasses in outdoor areas|
|Avoid drinking and smoking|
|Avoid going to places with poor air quality|
Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) Surgery Price
For one eye, implantable contact lenses cost HKD 45,000 (monocular)
For both eyes, it will cost HKD 80,000. This includes 5 necessary post-surgery reviews.
Interested in getting ICL surgery in HK? Contact us today.