Implantable Contact Lens (ICL)
Process of Implantable Contact Lens(ICL)
The doctor will first drop the eye drops in patient’s eye, and then cut a small incision (about 3 mm) in the patient’s cornea. Through the incision, the doctor will inject some medical gel to protect the eye tissue, and then implant the lens, place between the iris and crystal. It will be like contact lenses placed directly on the eyes, to achieve the effect of corrective vision.
Advantages of ICL
The biggest benefit of ICL is “restore technology”. That’s mean ICL can be removed and replaced at any time and will not cause damage or change the eye structure.
Tiny wound, painless and can be placed for a lifetime without uncomfortable feelings.
In addition, there is no impact on activities such as swimming or diving after implantation, and it is particularly suitable for those who work in the disciplined services.ICL can correct:
1800 degrees of myopia
1000 degrees of hyperopia
600 degrees of astigmatism
People who are applicable to ICL
- People who are suffering from a high degree of myopia or hyperopia or deep astigmatism
- People who are suffering from dry eye
- People who have thin cornea
- People who want to reduce the dependence on glasses or contact lenses
- People who are wroking or want to work in disciplined services
Preparations Before Surgery
- Soft contact lenses wearers need to stop wearing it 1-2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Rigid Gas Permeable lenses (RGP) wearers need to stop wearing it 3-4 weeks prior to the surgery.
- If you have any drug allergies, please inform your medical personnel in advance.
Points for Attention on the Day of Surgery
- It is best to have family or friends for company.
- Do not put on any facial makeup.
- Do not use any types of volatile product or aromatic product like fragrance or cologne.
- Wear open-chested tops like a button-up shirt or blouse. Do not wear a pull-over top.
- Before the surgery, the optometrist and doctor will perform the last diopter examination in order to check and confirm all information and data.
- The surgery will only require local anesthesia. Please try not to move or speak during the process.
- Surgery on each eye only requires 5-10 minutes to be completed.
- Patients and their friends and family will need to stay for around 4-5 hours.
Care After Surgery
|The First 24 Hours||The First Week|
|Have sufficient rest and sleep immediately after the surgery||Avoid wearing eye makeup|
|Wear an eyepatch during sleep||Avoid getting shampoo/ soap into the eyes|
|Do not wash your hair in the first 24 hours||Avoid getting fragrance/ hair spray into the eyes|
|Never rub your eyes||Only take drugs prescribed by doctors|
|Do not go swimming or do steam-bathing|
|Avoid doing vigorous exercises like dancing and ball games|
|Avoid getting dusk/ foreign matter into the eyes. Wear sunglasses in outdoor areas|
|Avoid drinking and smoking|
|Avoid going places with poor air quality|
Charges details of ICL
HKD 45,000 (monocular)
HKD 80,000 (eyes), including 5 times necessary review